Recap of January 23 Board of Supervisors Meeting
January 23 Recap
Board of Supervisors Vacates Right-of-Way in The Meadows and Sells the Property to the Developer
LGI Homes Virginia, LLC submitted a subdivision plat titled “Resubdivision of Lot 55 & 56 The Meadows Section Three” to the County for review. The plat shows a small area of county-owned public right-of-way (“ROW” or “R/W”) to be vacated and returned to private ownership. The requested ROW vacation, located in between lots 55 and 56 on Meadowview Boulevard, totals 0.032 acres. In order for the proposed plat to be approved by County staff, the Board of Supervisors first needs to formally vacate the ROW and agree to sell the property to the developer. At its January 23 meeting, the Board held two separate public hearings and approved each of these two steps.
Other matters that came before the Board at its meeting:
· Approved on consent an appropriation in the amount of $7,809.20 for insurance recoveries for cooper wire theft at the Templeton radio tower site.
· Received the Quarterly Financial Report for the quarter ended December 31, 2023.
· Received a report on the County-wide Annual General Reassessment for FY2025.
· Received a project update on the Comprehensive Plan.
· Unanimously accepted the Hampton Inn Exit 45 Tourism Zone Performance Agreement.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $21,182 for DCJS Operation Ceasefire Grant Funds.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $34,589 for an increase in DCJS Community Grant Funding.
· Unanimously approved a budget transfer in the amount of $87,847 from General Fund Contingency FY2024 for an increase required local match for the Health Department.