Social Media Policy
We welcome comments to our Facebook page and other social media sites. Please review our social media comment policy below before you post.
Prince George Social Media Policy
Any individual accessing, browsing and using a Prince George County social media site accepts all terms and conditions.
Prince George County has the right to modify this policy at any time without notice. Any modification is effective immediately.
Prince George County maintains its social media sites as a public service to provide information only about County programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. Prince George County assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these social media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the Social Media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent or error-free.
All social media sites are limited public forums and are moderated by the County. All posted content (comments, photos, links, etc.) must be related to the discussion of County programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities.
The following are prohibited on Prince George County Social Media sites:
- Posts and comments not topically related to County programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities;
- Posts and comments that promote or advertise commercial services, entities or products;
- Posts and comments related to political campaigns;
- Posts and comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, or receipt of public assistance;
- Posts and comments that include profanity, vulgarity, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks, unsupported accusations, intolerance and hate speech;
- Posts and comments that include references to violence, criminal activity, and use and abuse of drugs;
- Posts and comments that include dating and solicitation;
- “Adult Content” posts and comments including but not limited to obscene or sexual content, sexually explicit or graphic language or images or links to obscene or sexual content, illegal activity, or the encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public;
- Post or comments that include links to external sites; and
- Information that may violate ownership interests such as copyrights or trademarks.
Prince George County has the right to remove posted content that does not comply with this Policy and continued or egregious violations of the policy may result in restrictions on use or banning access to, or use of County social media sites.