Social Services Department
6450 Administration Drive
PO Box 68
Prince George, VA 23875
Phone: (804) 733-2650
Fax: (804) 733-2652
E-Mail Social Services
Please do not send sensitive case or confidential information to the email link above.
For access to Social Services guidance and resources during COVID 19 please visit the Virginia Department of Social Services website
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Mary "Libby" Vinsh
(Interim) Director of Social Services
The Social Services Department provides the following services:
- Provides Intake Services to identify specific needs for individuals.
- Provides Adult Services, available to impaired adults age 18 and older, as well as for victims of spousal abuse.
- Provides Prevention and Support Services available for families with children under age 18.
- Adult Protective Services are provided to adults who are in danger of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Protective Services provided on behalf of children to protect them from abuse or neglect.
- Provides Foster Care and Adoption Services.
- Provides Employment Services for program participants ("VIEW").
- Provides short-term Emergency Assistance.
- Medicaid Health Check-up Program
- Refugee Programs
- Provides Family Service and Family Planning Programs.
- Administrator of the local Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Provides Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Energy Assistance Program.
- Provides Child Support Enforcement Referral.
County Vision Statement
Prince George County....A global community where families thrive and businesses prosper.