Real Estate Assessor's Office
MISSION - The Real Estate Assessor’s Office fairly and equitably assesses the real estate in Prince George County annually and provides accurate property information under the authority of the Constitution of Virginia, Code of Virginia and Prince George County Code and in accordance with standards of professional practice.
VALUES - The guiding values of the Real Estate Assessor's Office are equalization, accuracy and efficiency: These values guide all valuation activities, the maintenance and distribution of information, as well as general administrative and technical functions.
1. Annual reassessment program
2. Maintain accurate property information
3. Process new construction, renovations and demolitions
4. Administer special tax programs – exemptions & land use
5. Process "office” appeals and provide administrative support to the Board of Equalization
VISION - To be a model assessment office with a team of dedicated professionals, utilizing best practices and realizing the benefits of technology within a supportive legal framework.
Much of the work of the Real Estate Assessor’s Office requires fieldwork and our team is frequently in the field. If you would like to meet with a member of our team PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE FOR AN APPOINTMENT.