Recap of BOS April 12 Meeting
April 12 Meeting Recap
BOS Appoint Jeffrey D. Stoke County Administrator
The Prince George County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously at its April 12th meeting to name Jeffrey D. Stoke as the County’s next Administrator. Stoke, who was appointed Interim County Administrator on December 4, 2021, will transition into his new role of County Administrator on April 13th. Stoke was hired in 2009 as the Director of Economic Development and in 2011 was promoted to Deputy County Administrator - Economic Development. He has a Master’s degree in Public Administration from James Madison University and is a Certified Economic Developer (C.Ec.D.) through the International Economic Development Council and an International City/County Management Association Credentialed Manager (ICMA-CM).
“Stoke’s demonstrated success and leadership with the County, along with his qualifications and performance during the selection process has made it clear that he is the right person to lead the organization as we move forward to the next chapter,” said Board Chair Marlene Waymack. “Stoke was one of 63 applicants from 21 states, Washington DC, and Canada.”
Other matters that came before the BOS at its meeting and work session:
· Received a report on the Water & Wastewater Hydraulic Analysis.
· Received proposed changes to the Fire Ordinance.
· Approved on consent a budget amendment and appropriation in the amount of $1,000 for the Department of Social Services Public Assistance and Welfare Administration funds.
· Approved on consent an appropriation in the amount of $12,861.50 for the State Library of Virginia Records Preservation grant.
· Received a roads maintenance report from the Virginia Department of Transportation.
· Received a Virginia Tourism Corporation Grant Marketing Plan report.
· Received a status update on the radio system project.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for Station 8 Electrical Upgrades (not to exceed $106,928.00) and budget transfer from Bond Series 2019 Holding Account ($120,428.00).
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for Convenience Station architectural services (not to exceed $127,763.00) and appropriation from General Fund, Fund Balance ($127,763.00).
· Unanimously approved recommended FY2023 health, dental and vision insurance renewals with recommended rates.
· Unanimously approved the advertisement of a public hearing on May 10 to allow for the Prince George Masonic Lodge to take and hold land in the County not exceeding 10 acres of land at any one time.
· Unanimously authorized the County to enter into a purchase agreement with Howard L. Dixon, Donna L. Dixon, Michelle L. Ward and Matthew E. Ward for the purchase of 25.1 acres of property located on River Road, Tax Map#: 110(0A)00-011-B.
· Unanimously authorized the County to enter into a purchase agreement with Hopewell/Prince George Fraternal Order of Police for the purchase of 6.0 acres of property located on Middle Road, Tax Map#: 13a(03)00-00B-0.
· Unanimously approved the amendment of contract (Public Safety Radio System Consulting Services Altairis – not to exceed $318,852) and authority to approve a change order (L3 Harris decommissioning of all Legacy Equipment from current radio tower sites $55,225).
· Unanimously approved a budget amendment and appropriation in the amount of $144,597 for Fire Program Funds.
· Unanimously approved an amendment to lease agreement between the County of Prince George and Prince George Xtreme Soccer Club.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $66,456.72 for the Virginia Department of Emergency Management Next-Gen 911 “Delta” Funds.
· Approved an Award of Contract in the amount of $262,680 for Janitorial Services on a 3-2 vote with Mr. Brown and Mr. Webb abstaining.
· Approved a request of the Rotary Club of Prince George VA for a waiver of certain permit fees associated with the application for a three-year annual special event permit with a 4-1 vote with Mr. Hunter abstaining.
· Unanimously approved the submission of a Prince George County, Virginia Project to Congressman A. Donald McEachin for FY2023 Federal Budget Transportation Funding.
· Unanimously approved the submission of a Prince George County, Virginia Project to Senator Mark R. Warner for FY2023 Federal Budget Transportation Funding.
· Unanimously approved the submission of a Prince George County, Virginia Project to Senator Tim Kaine for FY2023 Federal Budget Transportation Funding.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $10,450.00 for the State Department of Housing and Community Development Industrial Revitalization Fund Grant.
· Unanimously approved a contract amendment for the AMI Radio Read Metering – contingency, finance and bond charges.