Assistance Programs

Assistance Programs

Report Child Abuse/Neglect to Child Protective Services (CPS): (800) 552-7096

The Virginia Department of Social Services operates a CPS Hotline 24/7 to support local departments of social services by receiving reports of child abuse and neglect and referring them to the appropriate local department of social services. The CPS Hotline is staffed by trained Protective Services Hotline Specialists.

Report Adult Abuse to Adult Protective Services (APS): (888) 832-3858

To report suspected financial exploitation or other kinds of abuse to the elderly or adults with a disability, call your local department of social services or the Virginia Department of Social Services' 24-hour, toll-free APS hotline at: (888) 832-3858. APS investigates reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of adults aged 60 and over and incapacitated adults over 18 years of age and provides services when persons are found to be in need of protective service.

To apply for Rent / Mortgage relief, please click on the link below:

For Prince George and Surry County, call the Improvement Association at 434-634-2490.


facebook_1600275851722_6712043405983759926 (1)facebook_1600275877741_6712043515114681030

Want to be emailed when this page is updated?

Sign Up Now