Prince George County Business Resource Meetings
Click here to sign up.
Prince George County starts Business Resource Meetings for 2023
In an effort to better support our small business community, Prince George County Economic Development and Tourism Department will be conducting four Business Resource Meetings for 2023. The purpose of the meetings are to provide informational tools to support business start-ups and existing business expansion.
The Business Resource Meetings will be in collaboration with partner agencies such as the Crater Procurement Technical Assistance Center, Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Virginia Small Business Financing Authority and Small Business Development Center of Longwood.
All meetings will be held at the Prince George County Library located at 6605 Courts Dr. Prince George, VA 23875 or Central Wellness Center. Please see below for location details for each event. The meeting schedule for the 2023 calendar year is as follows:
- February 22, 2023, 12:00pm – Crater Procurement Technical Assistance Center funded by the Department of Defense (Lunch provided)
The Crater Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is a program under the Department of Defense, Office of the Small Business Programs. They play a critical role in identifying and engaging with a wide range of businesses entering and participating in the defense chain. They provide education and training that all businesses need to participate in Federal, Local and State government contracting.
- Find out about PTAC's free services - Counseling, Educational Seminars, Marketing Research, Bid Matching L
- Learn how to do business with the State of Virginia! - eVA, SWaM Certifications
- Learn how to do business with the Federal Government! - SAM.gov, Federal Certifications
- April 26, 2023, 4:00pm – Virginia Small Business and Supplier Diversity (Snacks and refreshments provided)
- The presentation will explain resources offered through the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity and the process to obtain a Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) certification program and explain the benefits.
- June 21, 2023, 9:00am – Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (Snacks and refreshments provided)
The presentation will elaborate on Access to Capital with the VSBFA programs:
- How to successfully apply for a business loan
- The information most lenders require when accessing capital
- How to access capital if you have never borrower in the name of the business
- November 1, 2023, 9:00AM -2:00PM – Business Resource and Job Fair with Keynote Speaker Vandy Jones, Crater Small Business Development Center of Longwood - Central Wellness Center: 11023 Prince George Drive Room, Disputanta, VA 23842
- Participants will have the chance to explore various business resource agencies and connect with job seekers. Job seekers will have the chance to explore open job opportunities with local businesses.
- The presentation will explain what the Crater Small Business Development Center of Longwood has to offer and its resources for small businesses.
- Click here to sign up as a vendor for this event.