DELINQUENT BILLS & LATE PAYMENTS
FAILURE TO RECEIVE A BILL DOES NOT RELIEVE THE TAXPAYER OF ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES THAT WILL ACCRUE UNDER THE LAW FOR FAILURE TO PAY WITHIN PRESCRIBED TIME.
IMPORTANT TAX COLLECTION INFORMATION
- If a tax bill is not covered in an active bankruptcy, it must be paid in full by the indicated due date.
- An administrative fee of $35.00 may be applied 30 Days from first notification of delinquency as outlined in section 58.1-3958 of the Code of Virginia.
- If unpaid, additional collection action will be taken without further notification and will include one or more of the following:
- DMV STOP
- TAX LIEN
- STATE SET-OFF DEBT PROGRAM
- BUSINESS LICENSE DENIAL
- COLLECTION ATTORNEY REFERRAL
- NOTICE OF DISTRESS/SEIZURE WARRANT
- Once one of the collection actions above has been taken, all payments must be in the form of cash, cashier's check, money order, or credit/debit card. No personal or business checks will be accepted.
TAXING AUTHORITY CONSULTING SERVICES (TACS) handles all tax liens. Please call TACS at (804) 545-2500 if you have received a notice from them.
To get a DMV stop removed, all outstanding taxes MUST be paid with cash or card.