State Income Tax
State Income Tax
The Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue is responsible for receiving and processing all Virginia state income tax returns and initial estimated tax payments for Prince George County residents.
If you are a resident of Prince George County, you may have your Virginia State Income tax return prepared and processed in the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office at no charge. You will need to provide a copy of your completed Federal tax return, a valid ID and all forms used to prepare it. (W2s, 1099s, etc.)
- May 1 - Virginia State Income Tax returns are due
- May 1 - Virginia Estimated Income Tax Voucher 1 is due
The Commissioner's office does not stock Federal tax forms or booklets. Additionally, the IRS does not mail Federal income tax form or booklets unless requested. You must call (800) 829-3676 to request a federal income tax forms or instruction booklets.
- Online Lookup - Check the status of your tax refund online. You will need to enter your SSN, the tax year of the return you filed, and the amount of the refund you are expecting.
- Phone Lookup - Call 1-804-367-2486 to check the status of your refund 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need to enter your SSN and the amount of the refund you are expecting.
- Electronically filed Tax Returns - Refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process.
- Paper Tax Returns filed via United State Post Office - Refunds generally arrive in 8 to 10 weeks when filing and sending a paper return through the US Mail.
- Paper Tax Returns filed via United States Post Office sent Certified Mail - Since processing times vary for certified mail, refunds may take 1 to 3 weeks longer when sending them certified mail vs. regular mail. Please allow up to 13 weeks to receive a refund.
You may contact our office at (804) 722-8740 if you need further assistance.