2021 Vehicle Valuation Increases Rebate Program
- Application Process: Starts January 3, 2022 and ends on February 28, 2022 at 5 PM
- Application Portal: CLOSED ON MARCH 31, 2022 AT 5 PM.
- Eligibility Criteria Posted Below
At the direction of the Board of Supervisors, Prince George County is launching the “2021 Vehicle Valuation Increases Rebate” program to assist taxpayers that were affected by the increased vehicle values in tax year 2021.
Vehicle values increased due to Covid-19 related closures of auto manufacturing plants, lowered interest rates, stimulus checks and large fleet companies not replacing inventory. All of these reasons created a stronger demand for new and used vehicles.
Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding is being used for this rebate program.
Taxpayers that qualify should have received a letter listing the eligible vehicle and rebate amount. If you have questions about eligibility, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office at (804) 722-8740 or email email@example.com.
The application process starts on January 3, 2022 and ends on February 28, 2022 at 5 PM (Extended until March 31, 2022 at 5 PM). Details on the program can be found on this web page.
To be eligible for a rebate, a taxpayer:
- Have been affected by the tax year 2021 vehicle valuation increase
- Must be in good standing with taxes and utilities or have an active payment plan
- Vehicle must have been garaged in Prince George County for all of or for a portion of tax years 2020 and 2021
By submitting an application, the applicant certifies that any and all information submitted in the application are true and accurate. The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Prince George County, VA, their officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers from any and all claims, loss or other liability arising from or related to the services that Prince George County provides before, during, and after the rebate process.