Planning Commission Members:
J. Simmons, T. Anderson , Vice-Chair, S. Brockwell, E. Elder, Chair, W. Bresko, C. Joyner and J. Canepa
The Goals of the Planning Commission of Prince George County are as follows:
- Improve public health, safety, convenience and welfare of its citizens;
- To plan for the future development of communities to the end that transportation systems be carefully planned;
- That new community centers be developed with adequate highway, utility, health, educational, and recreational facilities;
- That the need for mineral resources and the needs of agriculture, industry and business be recognized in future growth;
- That residential areas be provided with healthy surroundings for family life;
- That agricultural and forestall land be preserved; and
- That the growth of the community be consonant with the efficient and economical use of public funds.
Prince George County Planning Commission Schedule
Business meetings of the Prince George County Planning Commission are generally held on the 4th Thursday of each month (except for County Holidays), beginning at at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room, 3rd floor of the County Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, Prince George, VA 23875.
Work Sessions are generally held on the Monday prior to the regular meeting date, in the Board Room, at 5:30 p.m.
A meeting schedule is approved at the beginning of each year and is available on the Planning Commission web page on the left sidebar.
Any deviation from the posted schedule will be posted on the building, County website, and/or advertised as required by law.