Riverside Community Criminal Justice Board
The Riverside Community Criminal Justice Board is comprised of members from the local judiciary and communities of the three participating jurisdictions: Hopewell, Prince George and Surry. The local governing bodies appoint members, and each locality has equal representation on the CCJB. The CCJB was developed:
- To allow individual cities and counties greater flexibility and involvement in responding to the problem of crime in their communities;
- To provide more effective protection of society;
- To promote efficiency and economy in the delivery of correctional services;
- To provide increased opportunity for offenders to make restitution to victims of crime through financial reimbursement or community service;
- To permit cities and counties to operate and utilize local community-based probation programs and services specifically designed to meet the rehabilitative needs of selected offenders; and
- To provide appropriate post-sentencing alternatives in localities for certain offenders with the goal of reducing the incidence of repeat offenders.
More specific goals and objectives have been identified by the Board and are incorporated in the RCCJB Strategic Plan.