Recap of November 22 Board of Supervisors Meeting
November 22 Meeting Recap
Board of Supervisors Award a Contract for the Circuit Courtroom Renovations
The Board of Supervisors authorized design of Circuit Courtroom renovations to Moseley Architects on November 9, 2021 with an appropriation from future bond proceeds totaling $108,572. On August 9, 2022, the board received an update from Moseley Architects with a budget estimate and Staff indicated issuance of an Invitation for Bids would follow. Finance and General Services, with Moseley Architect’s assistance, issued the Invitation for Bids (IFB) on September 16, 2022. Bids were due on October 25, 2022 and the County received two (2) bids. The recommended award of contract for construction totals $1,396,000 and is to Virtexco Corporation, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder. As presented during the FY2023 budget process, the recommended funding source is an appropriation from General Fund, Fund Balance. Moseley Architects verified references, and Virtexco Corporation submitted all documents required in the IFB.
At its November 22 meeting, the Board of Supervisors approved the award of contract to Virtexco and an appropriation of $1,396,000 from General Fund, Fund Balance for construction. In addition, the Board approved an appropriation in the amount of $715,372.73 for non-construction costs for the Circuit Courtroom. The non-construction costs include furniture, testing & inspections, data, telephone & security, recording system (AV) replacement, and moving expenses. They also awarded the contract to BIS Digital for Recording System Upgrades in the amount of $110,800.73.
Other matters that came before the Board at its meeting:
· Received a report and held a discussion on “Fuel Focus”, a fleet management fuel system for integrated County vehicle use.
· Received a report on FY2024 General Fund Revenue and funding streams for Capital Projects and Purchases.
· Approved on consent a proclamation for Small Business Saturday on November 26, 2022.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation of Federal Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Funds (LATCF) in the amount of $50,000.00.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract and an appropriation in the amount of $87,614 for CII Replacement of two Lochinvar Boilers and an Air Separator in County Administration Building.
· Unanimously approved Public Safety salary increases, Scale Changes and FY 2022-2023 budget appropriation from General Fund Contingency in the amount of $361,225.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for additional services for Southpoint Business Center Force Main Realignment.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for Professional Engineering Services for the evaluation, design, permitting and construction administration of the Blackwater Regional Pump Station Project.
· Held a public hearing and unanimously approved an ordinance amendment to clarify the necessary documentation for the initial application and revalidation for the special real estate assessment for land preservation.
· Held a public hearing and unanimously approved a Special Exception request of Robert and Tonya Dempsey to permit a home occupation within an accessory building within a R-A Residential Agricultural Zoning District.
· Held a public hearing and unanimously approved a Comprehensive Plan amendment request of Prince George County to amend the Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map designation for a specific property from residential to commercial.
· Held a public hearing and unanimously approved a request of Prince George County to rezone approximately 2.18 acres from R-1 General Residential) District to B-1 (General Business) District to attract a restaurant or retail business in accordance with the County’s Exit 45 Strategic Plan.