Prince George County Farmers Market Features First Responders Day on 9/10
Prince George, VA – On Saturday, September 10, 2022, the Prince George Farmers Market is holding a special market for all First Responders. The Market will operate from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. On top of the normal market, the Market will feature a special ceremony and other events:
- Beginning at 8:15 a.m., there will be a Public Safety Parade (Scott Park Road)
- 8:35 a.m., there will be opening ceremonies at the flag poles near Scott Park Pavilion where Mike McCann with the Virginia State Police will play “Amazing Grace” on the bagpipes at 8:46 a.m. to commemorate the anniversary of the events of 9/11.
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – “911 Sally” demonstration followed by story time with Police Chief Early, a blood hound demonstration by Dinwiddie County Sheriff’s Office and a drone activity by Fire & EMS.
- 9:45 a.m. – Project Lifesaver demonstration by Prince George County Sheriff’s Office and a visit from Chase, from Paw Patrol.
- 10:00 a.m. – Air Care will land their helicopter on the ball field beside the pavilion for kids to view the helicopter and ask questions.
- 10:15 a.m. - Fire & EMS Chief Beamon will do story time with the kids with a free book giveaway.
- There will be an animal adoption event from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. near the playground.
- Sansa the pet therapy dog will be on-site dressed in her “special outfit”.
- Police, Sheriff and Fire & EMS will have free giveaways for the kids throughout the day and there will be a police car, sheriff’s car and a Fire Truck for the kids to see during the day.
- Kids can register to make a wooden piggy bank or create a wooden puzzle maze.
First Responders who attend will be able to enter their name into a drawing for door prizes throughout the day. First responders include Police, Sheriff, Fire & EMS, Communications Officers and Animal Control Officers. Market vendors will include produce, eggs, baked goods, fresh honey, custom tumblers, crafts, skin care & facial products, custom soaps, woodworking, ice cream truck and BBQ truck. More information is available on the Prince George County Web site and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PrinceGeorgeFarmersMarket/).
All events are rain or shine. The Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Scott Park Pavilion adjacent to the Prince George Library. The Market accepts SNAP/EBT cards for qualifying items and we feature the SNAP matching incentives. At the Farmers Market manager table, patrons can swipe their Debit/credit cards in exchange for tokens that act like cash at the vendors' tables.
For more information on the Farmers Market, contact Corrie Hurt, Market Manager at (804) 722-8777 or