Recap of May 24 BOS Meeting
May 24 Meeting Recap
BOS Approves FY23 Budget
The Board of Supervisors at its May 24 meeting gave its approval to the FY ’23 Budget.
By unanimous vote, the BOS gave the nod to the spending plan that will guide County Government through June 30, 2023. The plan goes into effect July 1.
The total Budget approved was $160,016,873. It includes a four cents tax reduction in real estate and a thirty-five cents reduction for personal property tax rates per $100 of assessed value and an increase in utility fees (30% for water, 3% for sewer). In addition, the budget eliminates the vehicle license fees (decal fees). The budget includes funding for ongoing capital projects and law enforcement and administrative vehicles. In addition, it includes a 5% scale increase for all pay ranges. However, this does not mean a 5% salary increase for all employees. This budget will fund one new Police Officer, one new IT Technician, and several employee reclassifications.
The Budget also includes General Fund expenditures of $68,951,487. That includes a contribution to the Public School Division of $18,553,165.
Other matters that came before the BOS at its meeting:
· Received an update on the FY23 Budget.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation for Kaitlynn Dean for her attainment of the Girl Scouts Gold Award.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation for Sydney Turcotte for her attainment of the Girl Scouts Gold Award.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation for Celeste Philpot for her attainment of the Girl Scouts Gold Award.
· Unanimously adopted the annual fiscal plan for Fiscal year 2022-2023.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for professional engineering services for the evaluation, design, permitting and construction administration of the Route 156 Water Storage Tank and Pumping Station.
· Unanimously approved the donation of thirty-five surplus vehicle docking stations to Fort Lee Police Department.
· Unanimously approved an appropriation in the amount of $68,413 for Riverside Regional Jail rainy day funds for distribution back to Riverside Regional Jail.
· Unanimously approved the acceptance of a deed of temporary construction easement located on Parcel ID: 540(02)00-002-A for an outfall ditch.