Recap of February 8 BOS Meeting
February 8 Meeting Recap
BOS Presents Commendation to Chief Deputy Sheriff Chris Douglas for his Service to Prince George County
At its February 8 Regular Meeting, the Board presented a commendation to Chief Deputy Sheriff Chris Douglas for his service to Prince George County. Chief Deputy Sheriff Douglas has served with the County for over 25 years. He established his career in law enforcement as a full time Police Officer in the Police Department in 1996. In 2006, he was promoted to Police Sergeant and was promoted to Police Lieutenant in 2018. Chief Deputy Sheriff Douglas transferred from the Police Department to Sheriff’s Office as Lieutenant Sheriff in 2019 and was promoted from Lieutenant Sheriff to Chief Deputy Sheriff in at the beginning of 2022 until his retirement on February 1, 2022. He has served as a General Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor, TASER Instructor, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Range Master, Field Training Officer, Child Passenger Safety Seat Technician, Crime Prevention Specialist, Special Response Team Member, Neighborhood Watch Coordinator, D.A.R.E. Officer, and also served on the Prince George Planning Committee. In addition, Deputy Sheriff Douglas served as the Accreditation Manager where his dedication and hard work was instrumental with the Police Department becoming accredited through the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission.
Other matters that came before the BOS at its meeting and work session:
· Received a report on County Room Reservation Policies.
· Received a report on the Burn Ordinance.
· Received a report on State redistricting maps.
· Received a roads maintenance report from the Virginia Department of Transportation.
· Held a discussion on the updated Board of Supervisors By-Laws.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract for full service implementation and maintenance program to Utility Service Co.
· Unanimously approved an authority to advertise a public hearing on March 8 regarding the proposed authorization of the issuance of general obligation bonds in the maximum principal amount not to exceed $5,775,000.
· Unanimously approved an authority to advertise a public hearing on March 8 for the appropriation of up to $3,071,460 in debt proceeds and/or General Fund, Fund Balance to the Capital Project Funds (Budget Amendment).
· Approved to waive Code Section 90-393 to allow a 25ft. radio tower to be installed behind the Emergency Communications Center by a four to one vote with Mr. Brown dissenting.
· Unanimously approved a resolution authorizing the purchase of 2.18 acres of property located on S. Crater Road, Tax Map# 430(03)00-00B-0 funded by the Economic Development Fund.