Catchin' Up On Prince George County News
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA October 29, 2021
Sat., Oct. 30 - Prince George Farmers' Market - Final Market for the 2021 Season, at Scott Park, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, Prince George, from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 30 - Special Saturday Hours For In-Person Absentee Voting for the November General Election, at the P.G. Registrar's Office, 6602 Courts Drive, 2nd Floor of the Administration Building, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Sat., Oct. 30 - "Open House" - Central Wellness Center Reopening/Rededication Celebration, at the Central Wellness Center, 11023 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, from 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Oct. 31 - Carson Volunteer Fire Dept. Halloween Trunk-or-Treating, at the Carson VFD, 19806 Halifax Road, Carson, from 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
Oct. 31 - Halloween Trick-Or-Treating, Countywide, from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.
Mon., Nov. 1 - Virginia Household Water Quality Program information session, sponsored by the VCE Prince George Office, will be held at the Parks & Rec Community Center, 11100 Old Stage Road, at 2:00pm.
Mon., Nov. 1 - Prince George County Public School Board Meeting will be held in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
Mon., Nov. 1 - King Drive Community Information Meeting at the Central Wellness Center, 11023 Prince George Drive, Disputanta, from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.
Tues., Nov. 2 - Election Day 2021 - all precincts will be open 6:00am to 7:00pm. Contact the Prince George County Registrar at 804-722-8748 for more information.
Tues., Nov. 2 - Election Day - Prince George County Government Offices and facilities CLOSED, to include the Prince George Food Bank.
Rededication of the Central Wellness Center set for Saturday
The Board of Supervisors & County Staff will join the public in dedicating the Central Wellness Center with an Open House from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, October 30. The event will feature raffles, giveaways, contests and tours of the renovated facility.
Important Things to Know
Absentee and in-person voting for the November General Election began September 17th in the Office of the Voter Registrar. Offices are open for Saturday voting tomorrow. Over 3,800 Prince George County residents have voted in-person. Click here for additional General Election informaton. Details.
• BOS October 26 meeting recap. Details.
• Video of the October 26 BOS Meeting. Video.
• November Message from the County Administrator. Details.
• Virginia is second in the nation in defense spending and personnel. Details.
• Boys Scholar Athlete of the Month. Details.
• Saturday is the last day to contribute rescue items for the Afghan refugees. Details.
• Prince George County Police investigating fatal crash October 24 on Prince George Drive. Details.
• Powroznik earns AOY Title. Details.
• VDOT announces Benjamin Harrison Bridge closure times. Details.
• Land Use applications due November 1. Details.
• Virginia Department of Health (VDH) statistics report Prince George County has experienced 4,693 cases of the coronavirus as of today.
• Residents seeking COVID-19 vaccine appointments should call (877) 829-4682 or click on https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/. Dates.
• The latest COViD-19 statistics from the Virginia Department of Health: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-summary/ and https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-in-virginia-locality/.
• County Administrator Blogs. Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
• Employment opportunities with Prince George County. Details.
• Pets for adoption at the Prince George Animal Services Center. Details.
• Latest Fire/EMS Statistics. Details.
• Latest Police Department Statistics. Details.
• Prince George County Animal Services adopted out 17 animals last week.
• “Drug Take Back Day” on October 23 collected 208.5 pounds of outdated medications from 57 participants.
• Prince George County Public Schools Sports Calendar. Details.
Quote of the Week
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
~ Audrey Hepburn, American actress
On This Date
1858 - The first store opens in the frontier town of Denver, Colorado.
1863 - Red Cross is founded.
1920 - Stock market crashes on Black Tuesday.
1945 - The first ball-point pen is sold by Gimbell's Department Store in New York for a price of $12.
1969 - First computer-to-computer link is accomplished through ARPANET, forerunner of the Internet.
1998 - John Glenn is the oldest person to fly in space at age 77.
2012 - Hurricane Sandy causes $50 billion in damages.
2012 - Prince George County Government paid tribute to child care providers at "The Child Care Provider Summit" at the Prince George Library.
2014 - Groundbreaking held for new fire station in Carson.
2014 - James House announces it will move its offices to Prince George County.
2018 - Prince George County beams with pride as favorite son Jackie Bradley, Jr. becomes a World Champion with the Boston Red Sox.
2019 - Bon Secours takes over operations at Southside Medical Center.
Percy C. Ashcraft, County Administrator | Prince George County, VA | (804) 722-8600
Fax (804) 732-3604 | email@example.com | www.princegeorgecountyva.gov