Important Things to know
Notice to Customers of County Waste - A Company spokesman has confirmed trash and recyling pickup will be on a one-day delay this week because of the Labor Day holiday. Both trash and recycling will be picked up from September 7 -11, but one day later than the normal schedule. Customers can call (804) 843-9288 for further information.
Donated Items for Afghan Refugees - Donation collection at Fort Lee will take a pause over the weekend to permit volunteers to enjoy the Holiday. Note the items for donation are being requested by Non-Governmental Organizations taking part in Operation Allies Welcome (formerly Operation Allies Refuge), not Fort Lee. The Fort Lee Religious Support Office is supporting the NGOs in their efforts, offering up Liberty Chapel for collection. Details.
· County Administrator's September Message. Details.
· Prince George Farmers Market plans September 11 observance. Details.
· Virginia Department of Health (VDH) statistics report Prince George County has 4,208 cases of the coronavirus as of today; positivity rate is 14.1.
· Residents seeking COVID-19 vaccine appointments should call (877) 829-4682 or click on https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/.
· Chesapeake Bay Foundation newsletter. Details.
· Southside Medical Center will require Staff vaccinations. Details.
· Central State Hospital puts no-visitor policy back in place due to COVID-19 rate uptick. Details.
· Prince George High School Sports Calendar. Details.
· McDonald's broken ice cream machines are part of FTC investigation, report says. Details.
· Virginia's Gateway Region Newsletter. Details.
· Thousands of Afghan refugees being processed at Fort Lee. Details.
· Prince George County Government again recognized for excellence in financial reporting. Details.
· The latest COViD-19 statistics from the Virginia Department of Health: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-summary/ and https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-in-virginia-locality/.
· Congressman McEachin sends letter to the Pentagon plan pushing Fort Lee to be renamed for Retired General Arthur J. Gregg. Details.
· Congressman McEachin newsletter. Details.
· County Administrator Blogs. Details.
· Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
· How to report pesky potholes. Details.
· Employment opportunities with Prince George County. Details.
· Pets for adoption at the Prince George Animal Services Center. Details.
· Latest Fire/EMS Statistics. Details.
· Latest Police Department Statistics. Details.
· Storm damage bypasses Prince George County as impacts of Hurricane Ida quickly move out of the area.
· Standard Motors recruiting for at least 100 new positions according to company spokesmen.
· Flowerdew Hundred properties sell for $7.995 million.
· Fee for using credit and debit cards to pay County taxes and fees assessed effective September 1.
· Prince George County Police Department receives $10,000 donation from Destination Church.