Catchin' Up On Prince George County News
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Dec. 26 - Jan. 16 - FREE Christmas Tree Recycling for Prince George County residents, live-cut, undecorated trees only, at the CFS - County Convenience Center, 3100 Union Branch Road, during regular operating hours.
Mon., Jan. 18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - Prince George County Government Offices CLOSED.
Wed., Jan. 20 - Prince George Industrial Development Authority Board will meet in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, at 12:00pm.
Wed., Jan. 20 - Prince George County Fire/EMS Advisory Board will meet in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 7:00pm.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - VDOT Planned Overnight Bridge Closures. Detours for northbound & southbound Benjamin Harrison Bridge, Jordan Point Road (Rte. 156) 12:00am - 4:00am.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - Riverside Regional Jail Finance Committee Meeting/Workshop will be held via virtual/electronic meeting, beginning at 11:00am.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - ARWA & SCWA Board of Directors Meeting will be held at the ARWA Office, 21300 Chesdin Road, South Chesterfield, at 2:00pm.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - James River Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors will meet via virtual/electronic meeting, at 6:00pm.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - Prince George County Board of Supervisors will hold a Budget Work Session in the Board Room, 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 5:00pm.County Government Offices Closed Monday to Observe Dr. King's Birthday
The Prince George County Government offices will be closed for business Monday, January 18 in observance of the birthday of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Employees will return to work on Tuesday, January 19, but offices will remain closed to the public until February 1.
Important Things to Know
- Continual updated information on the Coronavirus pandemic on the Prince George County Government website. PG is up to 2,090 confirmed cases and five deaths according to the Crater Health District statistics. Details.
- BOS January 12 Meeting Recap. Details.
- County Administrator Blogs. Details.
- County Government Buildings will continue to be closed to the public through February 1, except for special classes offered by Parks & Recreation and the Fitness Center on Old Stage Road by appointment.
- Crater Health District continues administering COVID-19 vaccines by appointment January 19 at Prince George High School.
- Fire & EMS Activity January 8-14. Details.
- VDOT Update To Benjamin Harrison Bridge Closure. Details.
- Prince George Big Man Chris Allen Has Moves. Details.
- Virginia General Assembly Legislative Report #3 For 2021. Details.
- Prince George High School Boys Basketball Team #10 in regional rankings. Details.
- Prince George Co. PD Weekly Highlights - January 4 - January 10. Details.
- Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
- How to report pesky potholes. Details.
- Employment opportunities with Prince George County. Details.
- Pets for adoption at the Prince George Animal Services Center. Details.
- Happy New Year from the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing (CCAM). Details.
- FREE Christmas Tree Recycling For County Residents. Details.
- Circle D now hiring. Details.
- American Red Cross holding blood drive February 9 from 12:30 - 5:30 p.m. at Unity Baptist Church.
- Staff beginning process to update the Comprehensive Plan and develop a Strategic Plan for the entire County and a development plan for Exit 45.
Quote of the Week
“We must never cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.”
~ T.S.. Eliot, poet
On This Date
1889 - The Coca-Cola Company, then known as the Pemberton Medicine Company, is originally incorporated in Atlanta.
1892 - Basketball rules first published in Triangle Magazine, written by James Naismith.
1919 - Two million gallons of molasses flood Boston in the "Great Molasses Flood" when a storage tank burst, drowning 21 and injuring 150.
1929 - Martin Luther King, Jr. was born.
1943 - The world's largest building - The Pentagon - is dedicated in Arlington.
1959 - Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England.
1967 - In the first Super Bowl game, the Packers defeated the Chiefs, 35-10.
1972 - "American Pie" hits #1 on the pop charts.
1974 - "Happy Days" premieres on ABC.
1981 - "Hill Street Blues" begins six-year run on NBC.
2001 - Wikipedia debuts.