BOS Approves Second Solar Energy Facility Under New Policy
The Board of Supervisors at its August 11 meeting adopted the Solar Energy Facility Siting Policy. The Planning Commission and Staff recommended the adoption of a Solar Energy Facility Siting Policy to provide guidance to property owners, business owners, and County residents with the acceptance of Special Exception applications for Solar Energy Facilities. The policy gives guidance to Staff, the Planning Commission, and the Board of Supervisors when evaluating requests for solar energy facilities.
At its November 10 meeting, the Board held a public hearing and approved by a four to one vote with Mr. Hunter, Mr. Carmichael, Mr. Brown and Mr. Webb in favor and Mrs. Waymack opposed, a special exception for a 60 MW large-scale solar energy facility on a 1,071+/- acre parcel in an R-A, Residential-Agricultural Zoning District to Warwick PVI, LLC. The property is located along Alden and Arwood Roads in the Templeton Magisterial District. The applicant has agreed to additional conditions as required by the adopted Solar Energy Facility Siting Policy. Staff and the Planning Commission recommended approval to the Board as the request is consistent with the Comprehensive Plan. The application was received prior to the adoption of the Solar Facility Siting Policy, however, the applicant has voluntarily amended the application to comply with the policy.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession & meeting:
· Received a utilities report regarding the new elementary school.
· Received a report on a Circuit Courtroom proposal.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Jacob Lively for attainment of the Eagle Scout Award.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Gavin McGee for attainment of the Eagle Scout Award.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Reece Weber for attainment of the Eagle Scout Award.
· Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Fire Medic Bruce G. Adams for his service to Prince George County.
· Approved on consent a commendation to Deputy Sheriff Edwin M. Betts III for his service to Prince George County.
· Approved on consent an appropriation and transfer from General Fund Contingency in the amount of $29,600 for FEMA Port Authority Grant funds and transfer from General Fund Contingency in the amount of $9,867 for a local match.
· Received a maintenance report from the Virginia Department of Transportation.
· Received an update on CARES Funding.
· Received a General Assembly update.
· Unanimously postponed to December 8 a resolution accepting a land exchange agreement between the County and James R. Jones.
· Unanimously approved an award of term contracts for architectural and engineering services and project management services.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract with Verizon Wireless through GSA Contract #GS-35F-0119P for the purchase of wireless telephone services.
· Unanimously approved an award of contract in the amount of $62,964.86 for County Fire Department and Emergency Crew Building entrance upgrade projects with Dominion Lock & Security.
· Discussed Christmas lights and decoration for the 2020 season.
· Unanimously approved an authorization for a public hearing for State Compensation Board funded $500 bonus for Sheriff and Sheriff Deputies.
· Unanimously approved four appointments to the Industrial Development Authority.
· Unanimously approved one recommendation for appointment to the Circuit Court for the Board of Equalization of Assessments.