BOS Receives Preliminary Report on Draft Jefferson Park Fire Station Design
The Board of Supervisors at its October 13 work session received its first draft schematic design phase report and estimated construction cost of the new Jefferson Park Fire Station from HBA Architecture & Interior. The Board of Supervisors approved a replacement Jefferson Park Fire Station as a FY2019 capital project and borrowed money for the new station through a bond issuance in the spring of 2019. The contract for architectural engineering services was awarded to HBA Architecture & Interior in August, 2019. The current estimated construction cost is $3,947.312.11. Construction of a replacement Jefferson Park Fire Station (Station 5) will enhance Fire/EMS services to County residents and will address structural and other building issues in the existing station.
Other matters to come before the BOS at its worksession & meeting:
- · Received an update on the Farmer’s Market.
- · Received a report on pavilion proposals.
- · Approved on consent and presented a commendation to Bennett Owen Stoke for attainment of the Eagle Scout Award.
- · Approved on consent an appropriation in the amount of $9,630.41 for insurance recoveries for Police vehicle repair.
- · Approved on consent a proclamation for World Polio Day on October 24, 2020.
- · Received a road maintenance report from the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- · Received a fiber construction and connection update from PGEC Enterprises, LLC.
- · Received an update on CARES Funding.
- · Unanimously approved an award of contract in the amount of $62,085 for replacement of HVAC systems at the radio tower sites.
- · Unanimously approved donation of a surplus vehicle to Prince George Volunteer Fire Department (Station 1).
- · Unanimously approved an award of contract for structural firefighting turnout gear.
- · Approved an award of contract to Sweetie Boys Fab Works for towing services of inoperable vehicles with a vote of four to one with Hunter, Brown, Waymack and Webb in favor and Carmichael opposed.
- · Unanimously approved a budget transfer within CARES Coronavirus Relief Fund for Schools in the amount of $13,018.81 from unexpended summer lunch program balances to technology hardware.
- · Discussed and unanimously approved to move November 12 meeting to November 10.
- · Unanimously postponed the recommendation of appointment to the Board of Zoning Appeals to October 27.
- · Held a public hearing and unanimously approved the appropriation of unexpended Fall 2019 Series Stormwater Fund bond proceeds FY2019-20 budget to FY2020-21 in the amount of $2,095,925.
- · Held a public hearing and unanimously postponed a resolution accepting land exchange agreement between the County and Mr. James R. Jones to October 27.
- · Held a public hearing and unanimously approved eminent domain for a utility easement.