Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA August 21, 2020
Upcoming Meetings & Events
The Prince George Farmers' Market continues at Scott Park Pavilion, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, every Saturday from 8:00am - 12:00pm until October 31, 2020.
Sat., Aug. 22 - COVID-19 Testing - drive-up preferred, walk-ups accepted - at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 4405 Prince George Drive, Prince George, from 9:00am - 10:30am. Call the Crater Health District 804-863-1562, Option 1, for more information.
Wed., August 26 - Civilian Military Council Meeting (virtual meeting, hosted by Prince George County), from 12:20pm – 1:30pm.
Thurs., August 27 - Planning Commission Meeting will be held in the Board Room of the Administration Building, 6602 Courts Drive, beginning at 6:30pm.
COVID-19 Testing Saturday At Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
The Crater Health District will facilitate testing for the coronavirus from 9 - 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church located on Route 156. Testing is preferred by drive-up, but walk-ups will be accepted. Only people experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be tested. Appointments can be made by calling (804) 863-1652 and using Option 1
Important Things to Know
- Continual updated information on the Coronavirus pandemic on the Prince George County Government website. PG has 499 confirmed cases and two deaths according to the Crater Health District statistics. Details.
- Rolls-Royce To Close Prince George County Factory, Laying Off Nearly 300 Workers. Details.
- Prince George County Government seeking citizen input on updating of its website. Details.
- Families Concerned About Coronavirus Outbreak At Federal Prison on River Road in Prince George; numbers not included in PG reporting statistics. Details.
- Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce August Newsletter. Details.
- Prince George County Public Schools Recognized For Excellence In Budget Presentation. Details.
- Financial Assistance available from the Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project. Details.
- Prince George CARES Small Business Grant Program Still Accepting Applications. Details.
- Bikers Roll Dice To Raise Money For A Local Tech Center. Details.
- Here's What The Taco Bell Of The Future Will Look Like. Details.
- Commissioner of the Revenue issues 12 new business licenses since August 7. Details.
- PG Fire & EMS Activity for the Week of August 14-20. Details.
- Pepperoni Is The Latest Coronavirus Shortage. Will The Scarcity Affect Your Pizza Habit? Details.
- Warriors Strive To Be The Best. Details.
- Absentee Ballot Information For November 2020 Election. Details.
- Prince George Co. PD Weekly Highlights - August 10-16. Details.
- Timmons Group listed among the fastest growing companies in the Richmond region; has office location in Prince George County.
- Parks & Recreation Fall Festival scheduled for October 24 has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Prince George County Fire & EMS data released August 20 shows emergency crews have responded to 51 calls for service since January 1 involving cardiac arrests; an upward trend.
- Prince George Farmers Market Online Purchasing Guide. Details.
- Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
- How to report pesky potholes. Details.
- Employment opportunities with Prince George County. Details.
- Prince George County residents file 34 new unemployment claims last week; 690 residents continue to receive benefits.
- Prince George County Social Services Department has received 863 new applications for benefits since March 16.
Quote of the Week
“He does not possess wealth; it possesses him.”
~ Benjamin Franklin
On this Date
1858 - Lincoln-Douglas debates begin.
1878 - American Bar Association organizes at Sarasota, NY.
1888 - American inventor William Seward Burroughs patents the adding machine.
1897 - Oldsmobile first manufactured in Lansing, Michigan.
1911 - Theft of 'Mona Lisa' is discovered.
1942 - Walt Disney's animated movie 'Bambi' is released.
1959 - Hawaii becomes the 50th state.
1974 - The Equal Educational Opportunities Act takes effect.
1980 - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is founded.
2019 - "The Rock" (Dwayne Johnson) named highest paid actor for a second year in a row, earning $89.4 million.