Prince George County Public Meeting Process During COVID-19 Pandemic
County of Prince George, Virginia
For Immediate Release
June 25, 2020
For further information contact:
Percy C. Ashcraft – (804) 722-8600
Prince George County Public Meeting Process
During COVID-19 Pandemic – Phase III
The Prince George County public meeting process applies to any County public meeting under Governor Northam’s Executive Orders for Phase III re-opening effective July 1, 2020. Prince George County government offices are open at this time under specific entry guidelines that can be reviewed on the County website.
A quorum of the Board of Supervisors shall meet in person for a regular board meeting. Up to two board members may call in via phone. The Board shall be spaced apart on the dais.
The Board of Supervisors may meet electronically for emergency matters dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic since the Governor has declared a state of emergency and if the catastrophic nature of the emergency may make it impracticable or unsafe to meet in one location. The purpose of the meeting must be to address the emergency. Notice of the meeting must be given using the best available method at the same time members get notice. Arrangements must be made for public access. The minutes must state the nature of the emergency, fact that the meeting was held electronically and type of electronic communications utilized.
The boardroom shall be open to the public. Social distancing is encouraged. The audio in the hallway will remain on for people outside the boardroom. Media will be allowed in the boardroom.
The meeting will be live streamed using YouTube Live, a free service, via the County channel.
The meeting will also have a Zoom link established for citizens to watch and participate.
There are three types of public comments:
1) General Public Comments at the beginning of Board meetings. This includes Board of Supervisors, Fire/EMS Advisory or any public meeting.
2) Public Hearing Comments on specific public hearing topics.
3) Planning Commission comments during Planning Commission meetings.
There are three options to provide public comments:
1) Appear in person at the meeting. Per Governor Northam’s Phase III guidelines, the boardroom is open to the public. Social distancing is encouraged. A moderator will call public speakers one at a time to the podium.
2) Use the Zoom information provided by the County to give audio/video comments. Please check the County website for each meeting’s Zoom link information.
3) Using the Prince George County website public comment form. https://www.princegeorgecountyva.gov/departments/board_of_supervisors/public_comment_form.php. We request that all public comments be submitted before 5pm on meeting days so that the members will have a chance to review the comments. Comments will be sent directly to the County Board and appropriate County staff. General Public Comments will not be included in the official minutes after the public comment period closes on the meeting day per the time noted by the Clerk. Public Hearing Comments will not be included in the official minutes after the public hearing closes on the meeting day per the time noted by the Clerk.
PGC Guest Wi-Fi will be available in the building using the password: pgcguest
# # #