Catchin' Up On
Prince George County Government News
Prince George County, VA March 20, 2020
Upcoming Meetings & Events
"Food Drive" to benefit The Prince George Food Bank (non-perishable foods only), is still underway thru March 31, at The Herb Basket, 5716 Courthouse Road, Prince George. Store employees are available for curb-side service during regular operating hours.
Registration underway for Prince George 4-H Camp, until full (Camp dates: June 29 - July 3, 2020). Contact the PG Extension Office, 6380 Scott Memorial Park Road, or 804-733-2686, 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Charles Town Trip Registration (until full) - $45/person (plus own money for slots). Contact the Prince George Parks & Rec Office, 11100 Old Stage Road, or 804-458-6164, 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, for more information.
Burn Ban Law In Effect February 15 - April 30 (no burning before 4pm applies to campfires & brush burning). Contact the Virginia Department of Forestry for more information.
Morelia, Luca Restaurants Donate 600 Meals to PG School-Age Children
With Prince George County public schools being closed this week, Morelia Mexican Restaurant & Luca Italian Restaurant donated 600 meals between them March 18-19 to feed school-age children.
Important Things to Know
• Continual updated information on the Coronavirus scare on Prince George County Government website. Details.
• Prince George County Government Offices Partially Open. Details.
• Prince George County Public School Division continues program to provide meals to students during this time out of school.
• Real Estate Assessment Appeal Deadline Extended. Details.
• PG Fire & EMS Activity for the Week of March 6 – 12. Details.
• Governor Northam lifts some restrictions to ease unemployment benefits for eligible workers.
• Fort Lee suspends visitors attending military graduations. Details.
• Burn Ban in effect thru April 30. Details.
• What's showing at the movies in Prince George County. Details.
• Latest Prince George County Gasoline Prices. Details.
• How to report pesky potholes. Details.
• Employment opportunities with Prince George County. Details.
• Prince George 4-H Camp registration is now underway; download at https://prince-george.ext.vt.edu/.
• Voter Registrar Announces Key Dates for June Primary Election. Details.
• Chesterfield County making plans to withdraw up to 200 inmates from Riverside Regional Jail; facility facing huge income loss. Details.
Quote of the Week
"Joy is the emotional expression of the courageous Yes to one's own true being."
~ Paul Tillich, philosopher
On this Date
1760 - Great Fire of Boston destroys 349 buildings.
1800 - Alessandro Volta reports his discovery of the electric battery.
1930 - Kentucky Fried Chicken is founded by Colonel Harland Sanders in North Corbin, KY.
1952 - Final ratification of peace treaty restoring sovereignty to Japan by US Senate.
1954 - First newspaper vending machine used in Columbia, PA.
1991 - Michael Jackson signs $65 million album deal with Sony records.