CLOSURES AND CANCELLATIONS
Prince George County Government Offices are closed the public until Monday, April 13, 2020. Please read the details below regarding specific departmental closures and temporary operating conditions. We are asking citizens to utilize phone/email communications.
ALL Prince George Parks and Recreation Events CANCELED through April 27.
ALL Prince George County PARKS AND FITNESS CENTERS CLOSED until April 27.
Treasurer's Office will remain physically closed to the public until further notice. They will be available by phone from 8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. At this time, they request that you handle your business with their office online, by mail or utilize the drop box attached to the Administration Building.
The Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office will remain physically closed to the public until further notice. They will be available by phone from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. At this time, they request that you handle your business with their office online, by mail or utilize the drop box in the Treasurer’s Office.
The Prince George County Registrar's Office is closed to the public until further notice. They will be available by phone from 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. At this time, they request that you handle your business with their office online, by mail, or by phone at 804-722-8748.
Prince George County Schools will remain closed for this school year.
Prince George County General District Court and Circuit Court Clerks' Offices are open to the public. Courts will be closed with the exception of emergency cases. Please call the Clerk's Office if you have questions. General District Court - (804) 733-2783 and Circuit Court - (804) 733-2640.
Prince George County Circuit Court closed to the public.
Riverside Regional Jail is canceling all in-person inmate visitation and programs until further notice.
Prince George Library CLOSED until further notice.
The Prince George Regional Heritage Center is closed until further notice, with all activities and meetings canceled.
All Virginia Social Security Administration Offices will be closed until further notice.
The Virginia Cooperative Extension-Prince George office is officially closed to the public. At this time, they request you handle your business via email or telephone at 804-733-2686.
County business owners should also visit the Business section of our website: COVID-19 Business Assistance
- County Assessor appeal deadline of March 20 will be extended. New date to be determined.
- April 11 – Prince George County Annual Easter Egg Hunt - CANCELED
- April 15 - Prince George IDA Board Meeting - POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE - TBA
- April 16 - James River Soil & Water Conservation District Board Meeting - CANCELED
- April 17 - Extension Leadership Council (ELC) Meeting - CANCELED
- April 17-19 - 4-H Space Camp - POSTPONED - DATE TBA
- April 18 - "Spring Fling" at South Elementary School – CANCELED
- April 18 - Clean Community Day - CANCELED
- April 18-19 - Quest For The Best Baseball Tournament - CANCELED
- April 23 – PG Parks & Rec Safe Banking for Seniors Seminar – CANCELED
- April 21 - "Historic Garden Week" Events - CANCELED
- April 25 - National Drug Take Back Day (Spring) - POSTPONED - DATE TBA
- April 25 – PG Parks & Rec Community Yard Sale – CANCELED
- April 25-26 - Softball Nation Softball Tournament - CANCELED
- April 25 - Annual Kite Festival and 1K Fun Run - CANCELED
- May 2 - Hometown Heroes 5K Race and Little Feet Meet - CANCELED
- May 2 - Pet Adoption Event during the Hometown Heroes Events - CANCELED
- May 2 - Community Art Exhibit at the Prince George Library - CANCELED
- May 9 - Charles Town Races and Slots at The Hollywood Casino – CANCELED
- May 14 - Hopewell/Prince George Chamber Annual Golf Tournament - POSTPONED - DATE TBA